Thursday, December 8, 2011

December 8, 2011


December 8, 2011

This morning I woke up around 9:30 and I definitely enjoyed being able to sleep in again. I had some breakfast, got ready, and then studied for about an hour until it was time to head into school. I had my Weaving the Tale final at 12:00, which wasn’t too bad and didn’t take as long as we had planned for it. Because we got out earlier than expected, I decided to walk around the city for a little while because it was a beautiful, warm day. Also, today is a national holiday in Italy so there were so many people out and about, doing their Christmas shopping and such. I even came across some sort of antique car show in Piazza della Republica. After about an hour of walking around I decided to catch the bus and head home.

When I got home I studied for a while, watched last night’s episode of Modern Family, and just kind of relaxed. I think I might be getting sick but I am doing my best to try and nip it in the bud by relaxing and resting as much as possible this week. Thankfully studying at this point means quizzing myself with the PowerPoint I made with all of the images we need to know so it doesn’t take too much out of me to do that. Amidst the studying I also Skyped for a little while, did some stretching, and did a little more packing. Plus, after Skyping, Massimo was over so I got to play with him for a little while :)

For dinner this evening we started out with cheesy rice, which was absolutely delicious! We followed that with a soy burger for me, some other sort of meat for Daniela and Franzi, salad, and bread. We finished off with panatone, gelato, and fruit. I can’t even believe it was our second to last dinner and tomorrow is our last dinner together. I am going to miss our dinners so very much—in fact, I might miss them the most out of anything!

After dinner I did a little more studying and then, realizing I knew as much as I would, I decided to watch Home Alone so that’s what I am doing now :) I cannot even believe that tomorrow is our last final and, come 10:30 tomorrow morning, I will be completely finished with the program. Then I’ll be packing, saying goodbyes, walking around Florence for the last couple of times, and heading home before I know it…I just can’t even believe it. I hope you are all having a lovely week and I hope you have a wonderful Friday!

All my love,

Kari

 The Nativity Scene in Piazza del Duomo
The Christmas Tree in Piazza del Duomo

No comments:

Post a Comment