Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1, 2011- HAPPY FIRST DAY OF DECEMBER!

December 1, 2011

HAPPY DECEMBER! Wow, I still cannot even believe it is already December! I woke up this morning around 7:15, which wasn’t a lot of fun having been out so late at the opera last night. However, once I was up it wasn’t too bad. We met our Medici class at the Uffizi at 9:00 where we looked at Botticelli’s Primavera and The Birth of Venus in addition to many other things. The original plan was to stay at the Uffizi for an hour and a half, have a half an hour break, and then segue back at school for another hour. However, Jodie realized that we had far too many works of art to look at to be able to do it in an hour and a half so we studied the art for about two hours and then Jodie treated us all to hot chocolate before we spent the last forty-five minutes in the Leonardo da Vinci room. We finished up around 12:00 and then I went back to the school to meet up with my Dante group for our last meeting as our small group. After our meeting, I headed home.

When I got home I got a sudden surge of motivation, which was so nice as I have had so little of it. Because of this motivation I was able to finish up my Dante final project and finish up half of my final project for Weaving the Tale. After that I finished up my Medici paper, making some final edits to it and preparing my presentation for Monday. In other words, I got so much done with that motivation, which is exactly what I needed to happen. OH and I remembered during all of this that today was the first day I got to open my Advent Calendar so I did that! After getting all that done, I Skyped for a while and then decided to work on the art project part of my Weaving the Tale final while I watched the movie White Christmas on my computer :)

I didn’t get too far into the movie before it was time for dinner but I’m not complaining because I was quite hungry. For dinner this evening we started with pasta with broccoli sauce, followed by cooked vegetables (red peppers, tomatoes, potatoes and eggplant) and a soy burger for me, chicken for Daniela and Franzi. We finished off with clementines to keep our immune systems up because a lot of sickness is going around Florence.

Now that dinner is over I am going to do some stretching while continuing to watch White Christmas. Then I think I am going to go to bed pretty early because I am really pretty tired and we have class tomorrow even though it’s a Friday. I’m not upset about it but I do wish I could sleep in a little bit more. Oh well, that’s what the weekend is for. I hope you are all having a wonderful first day of December! Happy first day of Christmas Fest to all of you at St. Olaf!

All my love,

Kari 


Opening my Advent Calendar! It was a mouse eating a gumdrop :)

No comments:

Post a Comment