Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7, 2011


December 7, 2011

This morning I slept in until 10:00, which was absolutely wonderful and just what I needed after being out so late at the opera. The rest of my day until 5:30 was not super exciting but I’ll tell you the little there is to tell, nonetheless. After breakfast I showered and straightened my hair, watched last night’s episode of Glee, studied for the Medici final, went to the grocery store, took a walk, and started getting a few things together in order to pack in these next few days. At 4:45, Franzi and I caught the bus into town to head to the art show. The art show featured a work by each student who had taken drawing over the semester and it was really cool to see because every single one of them was just incredible. Even those who had never drawn before had done a stunning job—I was very impressed. There were a lot of people milling about between us students, our professors, the art and Italian teachers, and our host families. They also had wine, snacks, and music and we had fun mingling and meeting each other’s host parents. After a couple of hours there we headed to the restaurant we ate at our first night in Florence—such nostalgia!

Jodie had rented out the entire back room, as there were 104 of us in total. Everyone at the art show was invited to dinner as well so that was a lot of fun. Andrea and Daniela came and it was a lot of fun to have them there and introduce them to everyone. All my friends loved Andrea, especially, who kept dropping by our table :) For dinner we started out with lasagna, followed by caprese salad for the vegetarians and some sort of meat for everyone else, and we finished off with flan and a couple other little cakes for dessert. Plus there was, of course, bread, olive oil, and wine as well. It was a lovely dinner and so much fun to have everyone from our Florentine lives together in one place! And Jodie gave a beautiful speech/toast in Italian that, of course, made us all cry. After dinner, Franzi and I headed home because we were just exhausted.

Now that I am home, I am writing this blog, uploading a few photos and then going straight to bed. My Weaving the Tale final was moved to noon tomorrow instead of nine so it will be nice to be able to sleep in and get a few things done before class. Or, if it’s a nice day, maybe I’ll take a little walk before class because it looks like it might rain the rest of the weekend. Anyway, I can barely keep my eyes open so I’d best go.

All my love,

Kari

 Willi and me at the Art Show
 Me, Becca, and Katie at dinner
 FAMILY!
Me, Jodie, and Becca!

No comments:

Post a Comment