Tuesday, December 6, 2011

December 6, 2011


December 6, 2011

This morning I woke up at 7:30 so I could be into school for Dante final presentations by 9:00. All we had to do was present on what we had written about for our papers so it certainly wasn’t difficult. It did take three hours to get through all of us, however, because we discussed each presentation in quite some depth. Thankfully it was not very nice out most of the day, though, so we probably wouldn’t have wanted to be outside instead. Once we were through with our Dante presentations I had about an hour and a half break for lunch and then we finished up our final presentations for Medici. Those lasted another two and a half hours so I listened to presentations for five and a half hours today, which was not super exciting. However my presentations did go well so I cannot complain. When all of the presentations were finally done at 4:30, I caught the bus home.

When I got home Massimo was over and he and Andrea were finishing up The Wizard of Oz because they never finished watching it when he was over last week.  They invited me to join them so I watched the second half with them, which was a lot of fun because Massimo really loved it. Once the movie was over I studied for a little bit and then it was time for my early dinner. For dinner this evening I started with penne pasta with a creamy cheese sauce that was very delicious. I followed that with bread, cheese, salad, apples, and more Christmas cake, which were all very yummy! When I was done with dinner I got dressed for the opera and caught the bus.

The Barber of Seville was a lot of fun, although very long. I remember seeing it on choir tour in high school and I remembered it being long then too and it definitely was—three and a half hours. However it was absolutely delightful and I just loved it. The sets were not quite as spectacular but I thought the cast was just brilliant and I love the story much better than that of La Boheme. I would choose a comedic opera over a tragic one any day (well, most days at least). This opera was an optional event but I was surprised at the number of people who did come anyway. Even though we were all pretty exhausted by the end, we really did enjoy it! After the opera, thankfully, the buses were still running so we caught the last bus home.

Now that I am home I am quick finishing this up and then I will be off to bed. Thankfully I don’t have anything in my schedule until the art show and “farewell” dinner tomorrow evening at 5:30 so I can really sleep in as late as I want. I’ll probably spend the rest of the day doing some studying and some last exploring of Florence in some way or another. It is supposed to be 60 degrees and sunny tomorrow so I definitely should be out and about…Minnesota winter is going to be quite a difference for me :P Well, I should be off to bed because I can barely keep my eyes open!

All my love,

Kari

A quick sketch of me by Cleo

No comments:

Post a Comment