Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 3, 2011


December 3, 2011

This morning I slept in until 9:30, which was wonderful, had a leisurely breakfast, got ready and headed out of the house around 11:00. Even though they had predicted it would rain all day it was an absolutely beautiful morning—sixties and sunny on December 3? I guess I’m all right with that :) I walked into the center of town, watching them decorate the big Christmas Tree in Piazza del Duomo, enjoyed the new Christmas lights they put up since I was out last night and then headed to Piazza della Republica. There I looked around the Saturday market that has wine, olive oil, honey, jams, soaps…homemade food and goods. They have free samples of so many different things so I really love going. After that I walked around some more, just enjoying the beautiful day. I met Tyler and Franzi at 1:00 at the Christmas Market for some lunch. It was crazy busy but thankfully they were really good at dealing with crowds so it wasn’t too big of a deal. Tyler and I had bratwursts that were absolutely delicious! It was such a fun atmosphere and everyone around us was so happy to be in the Christmas spirit. As we were eating we got sprinkled on a little bit but we never got the rain they predicted. It was cloudy and cooler after that, though. We hung out there for a while then walked around town a little while longer before they headed back to school to study and I headed home.

Once I got home I sang for a little bit because no one was home! I haven’t had much of a chance to sing on this trip so it’s so much fun to be able to do it every once in a while. After that I started cutting out pictures for my art project for Weaving the Tale until 4:00 when I got to Skype with my Grandparents. It was lovely to see them and so crazy that the next time I see them will be in person in just over a week! After talking to them for a while, I went back to my art project. There was still no one around—Franzi stayed at school until they closed it around 6:30 and Andrea and Daniela were out of town for the afternoon—so I decided to watch a movie while I worked. The other day, Mom and I were talking about how I had never seen all of the old Christmas movies, which is why I had the urge to watch White Christmas. Because I loved it so much I decided to watch Miracle on 34th Street, which I loved as well! I cannot believe I had never seen either of them and they will definitely become traditional ones to watch! Before I knew it, everyone was home and it was time for dinner.

For dinner this evening we started with spinach and cheese tortellini, which was so delicious. We followed that with cheese, sausage, bread, olive oil, caprese salad, cauliflower, and, of course, clementines. It was absolutely delicious and now I am absolutely stuffed :) Andrea also decided that we needed a little music during dinner this evening and turned on his favorite blues CD, which was very fun and we were all kind of singing and humming along. We had a lovely dinner as usual :) I can’t believe we only have four dinners left just as a family. Because Tuesday I have to eat early because of the opera, we have our big farewell dinner on Wednesday (which our host families will be attending, however), and they will be out with friends from Spain on Saturday…how can there only be four dinners left with them :( Okay I can’t even think about this.

ANYWAY, after dinner I finished up my Weaving the Tale project (!) and finished Miracle on 34th Street. I cannot believe that I have finished up everything I have to do for finals except studying for my Medici final on Friday. So now I won’t have to be stressed out the rest of the weekend and next week and I can focus on taking in Italy in my last few days here and, of course, studying here and there ;) Tonight I am looking forward to 11:30 when my family along with Kelsey and her family are going to stand in front of the Hi Mom webcam at school (they are there for Christmas Fest) and they are going to wave :) I am actually BEYOND excited heehe. Until then I will probably make a review PowerPoint for my Medici final…woohoo! Well, I’d best get going on that. I hope you are all having wonderful weekends!

All my love,

Kari

P.S. Remembering a certain angel, Leslie, today <3 Live Fiercely!  

 My new favorite Christmas lights/decorations
 Beautiful day on the Arno
My brat! 

No comments:

Post a Comment